Monday, June 25, 2018

a Funeral in My Head

I felt a Funeral in my Brain,
And Mourners to and fro
Kept treading – treading – till it seemed
That Sense was breaking through,
And when they all were seated,
A Service, like a Drum kept beating...
Beating – till I thought
My Mind was going numb...
And then I heard them lift a Box
And a creak across my Soul...
With those same Boots of Lead, again,
Then Space – began to toll,
As all the Heavens were a Bell,
And Being, but an Ear,
And I, and Silence, some strange Race
Wrecked, solitary, here...
And then a Plank in Reason broke,
And I dropped down, and down...
And hit a World, at every plunge,
And Finished knowing...
I am at peace at last...


 -Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Campus එකම වහගත්ත හන්තානේ, කන්ද පාමුල, මහවැලියේ ඉවුරු යා කරපු අක්බාර් පාලම උඩ, ජොයින්ට් එකක් ගහන ගමන් අහස දිහා බලාගෙන, බැහැගෙන ගියපු ඉර, නැග...